SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
breakingground08

Whats missing in this bid???

breakingground08
16 years ago

This is an emailed bid I got from one subcontractor. It's really short and I need some advice on whether he's leaving something out or not, or if I should ask for more. This is supposed to be my complete HVAC system. I copied and pasted directly from the email. The "heated" space is less then 2000 sq ft and I know someone mentioned earlier in another post as the ton being to high. We are in San Antonio, Tx. Tell me what you all think. Thanks so much!!

" 4 Ton Goodman horizontal gas furnace with 14 SEER condenser

All Ducting in attic per codes.

Digital Programmable thermostat.

All required permits and inspections.

10 year parts and 20 yr. heat exchanger warranty.

Total: $6550.00 incl. tax.

This quote is for a standard 14 SEER system. Our supplier has a limited supply of Amana systems that are brand new but are being reduced because they are last year's model. We have been able to get 15 SEER and sometimes even 16 SEER equipment for the price of a 13 SEER. And the warranties on the Amana systems are a minimum of 10 yr parts for 14 SEER and lifetime compressor and heat exchanger for the 15 and 16 SEER. These systems are made with the new refrigerant 410a, so they are ozone friendly. Because they are close-out specials they are not guaranteed to be in stock for much longer. Please let me know if this would be an agreeable option for you. "

Darren

Comments (26)