SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abcbrooklyn

just purchased Miele W4840

abcbrooklyn
16 years ago

My Maytag Neptune Stacked Washer and Dryer needed repairing. The washer stopped spinning and it turned out to be a computer board burnout...have never heard of this. The repair man seemed surprised that I've never had a problem with it till now, its been 8 years. He seemed to be kind of down on the Maytags and felt that I shouldn't bother fixing it given how many years I've had it and the cost of repair was $600.00 (labor and several parts). He kept saying that sooner or later something else was going to go.

I quickly got on the internet and boy am I glad I found this forum. Its fantastic! I love the obsessiveness over how laundry should be done.

Well it seemed that Miele had a great reputation for the most part, better than all the other companies. I really wanted a machine that lasts. I love my Miele Vacuums, I have two, but I never considered their other appliances until yesterday as I usually shop at Sears, Home Depot and Lowes.

I was debating which model to buy, until I read crooks101's experience and realized I really wanted more customization. Thanks Crooks, I can't wait to read your follow up report on the new machine. And thanks to all the people who posted such detailed information, it really helped me make a decision quickly without visiting the store.

I purchased online, first time I've used this company. I hope it works out. I'm nervous and excited. I hope I don't get a lemon.

Any lurkers out there care to share any opinions and experiences on the new Miele Super Capacity washers?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!