SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chisue

FL Heaters

chisue
16 years ago

Just back from a confusing trip to Abt. I need to replace my FL Frigidaire that died after six years of light use. (The bearings "wore out".) I bought that unit for $600, so it cost me $100 per year and worked perfectly up to its demise.

On this forum I've read about FL washers with onboard heating elements. That sounded good, and I went looking for one of those. However, I found that none but the expensive European-branded washers have what I wanted: A washer that would draw cold water and heat it QUICKLY to a hot temperature to run a normal load.

The Meile will do this (for $1600). None of the US brands will. They either take up to an hour to heat the water to a "pretty hot" degree and/or they will only do this if you run on the "sanitize" setting. None has a function that maintains the heat throughout the wash.

Im going to order another "cheapie" Frigidaire FL like the one I had. It costs $500. If it lasts six years, I'll be spending LESS than $100 per year.

I don't want to spend two hours on a load of wash. I don't need an electronic control panel. I don't need an infinite choice of speeds, just a choice of how long a wash and how many rinses and a final fast spin. I haven't had super-heated wash water for the 42 years of my married life and I'm uncertain I want to pay $1600 to try boiling my wash. Gosh, I don't even know if I'll be doing my own laundry for another 16 years! LOL

Have at it! How would you second-guess this?

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio