SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janjan212

Viking Induction or Gas Cooktop, what would YOU do?

janjan212
16 years ago

I posted here instead of the appliance forum since there seems to be more induction talk here...We have been teasing ourselves for over 2 years with a kitchen bump out & remodel. There was one major purchase (major to me anyway) I made in anticipation... A Viking 4 Burner All Induction cook top!

I found a great deal on one that was used as a display in a Home Improvement show (never hooked up, just displayed)so I jumped on it. I know, I know, I put the cart way before the horse!

Now, very long story short, we have given up on the dream and realize we'll either have to make do with the existing footprint(making me very unhappy) or move. Meanwhile, other projects still must be completed and we spent a pretty penny on the Viking so and my DH asked me to it on CL so we can recoup the expense and move on (I can't use it if we don't enlarge the space)

I put the cooktop on CL, but I've also seen a home I'm interested in. It's new build and the builder says we can use it there if I decide to buy, but that the home comes with a "professional style" gas cooktop. My Husband says the gas one is fine with him, and it will go with the other appliances.

IF we buy the house must be built, so we are talking many months away. I have no idea given the current market if I will be able to get this new place, or even if my home will sell soon enough (we are not yet ready to go on the market). So hanging on to the Viking is risky.

So, finally, my question to you all is....What would you rather have...a bought and paid for Viking All Induction or a "Professional Series Gas Cooktop" and a couple grand back in our pockets??

I think my DH has always wanted gas, since he's had it before, but I wanted the induction for the fast heat and easy clean up and I love the look of the Viking to boot.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH