SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blaster1492

Please review our newbie-plan! Thanks!

blaster1492
10 years ago

Hi all,
Thanks in advance for reading this and for your help. My wife and I are in the planning stages of renovating the kitchen in our 1920s bungalow. We're totally rookies at this, so any input/advice would be really helpful!

Generally, the things we would love your input on are:
1) Will this floor plan make the room too cramped (especially the peninsula)?
2) Is this the most efficient floor plan we could use with our space? AKA - any other way to use more space
3) Are we allocating our cabinets reasonably by our mix of drawers/cabinets/pantry space? Are they located in reasonable areas?
4) Are we allowing adequate vs. overkill walkway space between peninsula/wall, end of peninsula/fridge, and work triangle?

Specifically, the things we would love you input on are:
1) Do you like the location of the fridge, or would you swap the fridge with the larger pantry?
2) Can you think of any way to get seating for 4 instead of 3 (without MAJOR sacrifices to counter/cabinet space)?
3) For our space, is it worth getting a counter-depth fridge? We currently have a nice fridge but it is quite deep?

Sorry for the quality of the drawings, I don't know how to use any special drawing software!

PS - we have 9 foot ceilings and plan on stacking cabinets to go to the ceiling and maximize space!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

Comments (10)