SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mr_bean_gw

Trane variable speed air handler setting

mr_bean
13 years ago

Hello!

I just had my unit installed last saturday XR15 Trane 3.5ton HP A/H-4TEE3C07,COND-4TWR5042E, stat Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 w/ humidity control. Everything went well i believed. Air handler was so quiet i actually had to put my ear beside the unit just to hear it running. Sunday around noon i checked the air handler unit and it's making like a swishing,air blowing noise from where the copper tubing is connected to the air handler. So Monday i called the company to request to speak or have the installer call me to ask him about the noise if it's normal. I was told that there's no way that they could get in touch with the guy and instead they will send a tech to check it out. Tech came by Tuesday and said that the noise is normal but found out that the air handler is running on low speed so he changed the setting to "normal".(There was actually condensation inside the handler when he opened it, is this normal?, and did not know why the installer set it on low speed when i asked him.) With the change, the air handler noise was louder and the return inside the house was louder than before when i still have the old unit. And of course the tech said that this is normal. Just took his word for it thinking that im just gonna post the issue here and hopefully get some advice/comments. And today, the sales guy came by to give me a copy of my manual j, so i had him checked it out. Long story short, he said that the tech should have just left it at low speed coz the return was really loud and will send back the tech who did the installation to adjust it back to low speed. I asked him to send their most senior/knowledgable tech and told me that the one who installed my unit was their most senior. I am so confused right now, dont know who to believe, me and my $5500 unit are at their mercy. Pleease, any advice /comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments (6)