SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto3kiddos

Help me design a 48" bank of cabinets to look like buffet/hutch

momto3kiddos
11 years ago

We are finalizing our kitchen layout and ordering cabinets this week. Everything will be the same as we had planned except for an area on the side of the kitchen where I thought the cabinets would be at least 54" wide. After framing and considering door trim, it looks as if there is only 48" available for this cabinet. I would like for it to be a "pretty cabinet" with some open shelves for cookbooks/knick knacks and glass doors for display. I plan to use the area as my coffee station so I would like drawers for all of the acoutrements. I also envision using the lower cabinets for storage of small occasional items - travel mugs, candles, wine opener/stoppers, cake decorating supplies, toothpicks, skewers, etc.

The pic below shows what I had planned, but with losing 6" I don't think there is room for the side cabinets on the upper. Should I do two large doors about open shelves without anything to flank them? What else do you suggest. I have included a few other pics of the kitchen for reference, too. Thanks in advance!( so sorry it is sideways... in photobucket it is turned correctly)

{{gwi:1595904}}
Long wall run of cabinets:
{{gwi:1595905}}
Overall layout:
{{gwi:1595906}}
Butlers pantry:
{{gwi:1595907}}

Comments (12)