SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Remember the people who flaked on the pottery?

neetsiepie
13 years ago

I posted a while back about this couple who wanted to buy a bunch of the Italian Majolica pottery I had. They got a receipt with the balance owing, but never showed up.

Sunday night they stopped by, full of excuses...out of state, had the wrong number, etc., etc., but wanted to come get the things. I told them that I had the items packed up and in storage and they asked if they could come on Monday night. I said no, Tuesday would be better. Well, they didn't show on Tuesday, and yesterday I had a message on my phone with yet another excuse.

So tonight the guy shows up and asked about the things. He said they had the receipt and thought they owed only a fraction of what I recall the original sales price to be. I said that it'd be much better to come Saturday morning, and to bring his receipt. Then he had the audacity to ask me if I'd deliver them to his house, since there was so much! He didn't make an offer to pay more toward what they owed (the full amount, as they've not paid a dime). I was caught off guard and just said stared at him and said we'd discuss things when they showed up on Saturday. So as he turns to leave he says, "OK, we'll see you Saturday afternoon".

I just went back in the house and stood there thinking about this exchange, I was pretty dumbfounded and too fuddled to think of a snappy comeback while I was face to face with him.

I think I'm just going to call the guy and tell him to forget it all. No money has exchanged hands, and I've decided I don't want to waste any more time on this transaction. They're total flakes and I've wasted more than enough time on these people.

Comments (19)