SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Why are so many buyers on Craigslist, FLAKES!

15 years ago

I am selling a some items on Craigslist. One of the things that drives me crazy is people saying they are very interested, talk to you on the phone, get your address and directions, they are definitely coming at a set time . . . . . then are a no show.

I have had that happen so many times with the greenhouse I am selling. One guy has told me is really interested and will buy it when he comes because he has been looking for a greenhouse for months but has been a no show 3 times. I blew off some other sellers the first day because of him. Now I will sell it to whomever shows up and the H3!! with him. And I know he is the type that when he does show, unfortunately he has my address, that he will be ticked off that I sold it someone else.

Another thing that drives me crazy is someone emails saying they are interested then nothing. You never hear from them again. Or they want you to hold it for them indefinitely without any deposit. And one of DH's favorites is that you say in capital letters "CASH ONLY" in the ad and confirm it with them then they ask if you will take a check. My favorite is they think they are doing you a favor when they offer you one tenth the price you are asking for it. Or the scam that you tell them it is a set price over the phone, then when they get here they try to get it down to nothing. "Well I drove all the way here, blah, blah, blah." They knew they were going to do that before they came so why waste my time and their own.

I could go on and on. I hate selling things!

Clare

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars280 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz