SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_sue

Results of Cooking in The Microwave Pressure Cooker

Today I tried out the microwave pressure cooker. I cut up some chuck roast, added a few beef bouillon cubes and chopped up onion and added about 2 cups of water. I cooked it for 30 minutes, let the pressure drop and when I opened it was nice and tender. I am going to put it in a pan on the stove to cook the noodles in for supper. Now I have cooked the potatoes for mashed potatoes. I had it set for 12 minutes. I will see how they cooked in a bit. I wrote to Nordic Ware and asked if they had any recipes they could email to me that I could print off, they sent a whole cook book of them plus instructions. It took quite awhile for me to print them off. There are more than what recipes I received with my cooker 20 years ago. On their website they sell the pressure cooker for $80. They also sell any parts you might need, including the lid. I am pleased with it so far. I just mashed the potatoes, draining the water into the beef broth and the potatoes were nice and fluffy. I recommend if you have a microwave pressure cooker to try it out. It did not take long for pressure to build up nor to go down when finished.

Sue

This post was edited by Marilyn_Sue on Thu, Jan 24, 13 at 16:52

Comments (2)