SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donnaroe

Help with selecting a Whirlpool Duet

donnaroe
16 years ago

Hello all-I found your message board today and have enjoyed reading it. My son is bent on buying a FL washer and dryer. He picked out the Whirlpool Duet® Steam Washer

WFW9500T and the Whirlpool® Duet® Steam Electric Dryer

WED9500T to match.

I have been trying to read everything I can find on the steam washers-as they are a relatively new concept and there is the possibility of more going wrong in the future, since there is more technology. He definitely wants a steam dryer, but may not need the steam washer. What does everyone think? Worth it, or not worth it?

He could always to with the Whirlpool® Duet HT® Ultra Capacity Plus Front-Load Washer WFW9400S series, too; as they also come in some decorator colors (black) or diamond dust color) He wants a decorator color.

I think that I will push for him to get the extended warranty- it seems like everyone agrees that this is a good thing. Only thing is-the older an appliance gets-the more chance having trouble-and extended warranties only last 3 years.

I am just trying to help him make the best decision possible- because he saved so long to buy these.

I might add that he could also buy most anything that HHGRegg had available-they also have LGs. But it seems that people are talking about technicians having trouble getting LG parts in a timely way if they are needed.

Thanks so much for anyone's opinion-he's going to buy something this week!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor