SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golfgirl8350

Choosing two similar Ruud heat pump systems

golfgirl8350
13 years ago

I have two quotes for a heat pump and air handler system. Both use similar Ruud products and their bids are identical: $6800 for the system, install and Honeywell Vision Pro 8000 programable with touch screen. I went to the Ruud site to look at the differences and I really can't tell which one should edge out the other. I live in Portland, Oregon, where summer temps can get to 103 and winter temps in the 20s. Here's the two systems:

UPQL 036 JEZ with UHLL HM3617--15 SEER 13 EER 10.45 HSPF maybe with a single speed blower?

UPQL 036 JAZ with RHKL HM3617--15.5 SEER 13 EER 10.45 HSPF maybe with a variable speed blower?

What bothers me is the slight difference between model numbers and features. Many times, maufacturers change a model number slightly every year and that makes it nearly impossible to make side-by-side comparisons. The JAZ is part of the "Achiever" series, the JEZ is part of the "Ultra" series. Their warranties are similar but small print makes it hard to tell which is better. I'd like help knowing which system--or perhaps which combination of the heat pump and air handler is the best choice.

susan

Comments (5)