SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cooperbailey

My Dear imaginary friends...

cooperbailey
14 years ago

I will be out of commission for awhile, I am having surgery on Monday. It will be a fusion of two levels of my cervical spine.I would love to say that when I was snowboarding I did a McTwist and ate the landing since landing fakie is not one of my strengths. But that wouldn't be quite true. Although it is more fun than to say than I have cervical myelopathy. Hopefully, this will stop the progression of symptoms and bring back sensation in my hands it will stop me from becoming paralyzed so thats good.

It was posted for 7am but the hospital just called to say it will be at 1pm. sigh. I will be so hungry by then. My good friend is also having surgery that day but in another city so we are planning on texting each other.That should be amusing.

I do know that I may be having soup for Thanksgiving depending on swelling. But as long as my family is with me it won't matter what I eat. On the bright side, I will not be cleaning, or cooking or having company for turkey day. I had planned on a vacation in the fall but this was definitely not what I had in mind. I will not be able to drive for 6 weeks but my DH works fairly close to me so he can drive me to work. And Goodwill!!

So the fabric I bought to make a slipcover for a chair is just gonna have to wait! I had wanted to have it done for Christmas.

and the furniture-to-be will have to wait to be painted.

wish me luck!

namaste.

Comments (70)