SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01_gw

Whatever happened to love songs?

daisychain01
12 years ago

Okay, I must officially be old - I don't understand the music of this generation. I have an almost 13 year old who likes to listen to the pop radio stations and since I drive her everywhere, I get to listen as well. I'm constantly having to turn off a song because of inappropriate language. And, hey, I am really no prude, but all the songs aren't just about sex, they are about explicit sex acts and there is never any love involved in any of them. Except for Adele who I adore, but who must have the worst luck with love in the history of relationships. I know my DD listens to all this "music" when I'm not around so I try to talk about how this is not how people really act in relationships, but really wish I didn't have to. Ah, just had to vent.

Also, just had to say what a comfort this forum has been to me. My DH is away on business for a month and I'm home alone with my young girls. I also teach kindergarten, so it is wonderful to come home and read a few posts and feel like I've had interaction (of sorts) with adults. I haven't really had time to post or reply since school started in Sept., but I still feel part of a community. I don't know how full-time single moms do it.

Comments (15)