SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salishsong

Gas dryers w/right-side vents?!

salishsong
12 years ago

Well, I'm completely humbled by the search for a new washer and dryer. First it was the size - my laundry room is quite small. Now I discover that it's hard to find a gas dryer which can vent from the right side. Had to find that out the painful way...finding the dryer standing in the middle of the tiny room, plumber gone, vent hooked up from the back and taking up a quarter of the poor room's width.

I did clarify specifically that this would be a right-vent dryer with the salesperson. Well, the dryer COULD be right-venting...if it were electric. The salespeople at my HD were great about it though, and will take the set back with no problem. They do not, as they and I discovered, have any gas dryers that can be right-venting.

Any suggestions on right-venting gas dryers? The Whirlpool Duets, at least some of them, say they're 'four-way venting', but they don't specify that the right side is one of those four ways, or if that specifically applies to gas as well as electric.

Tomorrow, I can start calling the companies directly. But I thought there might be some insight on here to get me moving forward today....

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21