SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bandjo97_gw

Kitchen window help please

bandjo97
11 years ago

I am hoping I can get some feedback on my kitchen window and what to do with it.

First off... we live in a manufactured home so right out my window about 12 feet away is my neighbor's carport. (lovely, I know. But I am trying to grow some vines on a trellis to block the view of their bright blue truck!)

I had found some plantation shutters at the habit for humanity "re-store" for $20 and I was thrilled, but several people have said don't bother. They said they'd get dirty, spotted with water AND I couldn't really open them with my high kitchen faucet.

So, I was leaning more towards a matchstick roman shade. I want the window uncovered most of the time, but nighttime definitely need it closed because it's like being in a fishbowl.

If neither of my ideas are good, I was hoping maybe someone might suggest something I haven't thought of. I can only look through so many photos. And... many windows aren't covered because of a beautiful view - which I don't have.

Here is a pic of our kitchen and another pic of what I was envisioning. Thanks so much!!!

Comments (7)