SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenswrens

How did you find your housecleaner?

jenswrens
14 years ago

I know it's a little OT, but... how did you find your cleaning lady/person? Especially if you have an individual. I'm not interested in a service (like Merry Maids or whatever) because 1) my house is in a constant state of remodeling construction; and 2) in the past I've found that they are too rushed and don't give enough personal attention to detail. They just want to run in, vacuum as quick as possible, wave a rag around and dash out in 30 minutes or less. I want to find someone who will work with me, stay at least an entire half-day or longer and do things that services may find unconventional (like folding clothes or putting away books/toys).

My mother has a fabulous houselady that she's had for years, and I want someone like her but she's 1000 miles away.

I thought about craigslist, but that seems inherently risky to me. Most of the friends I've asked just use those commercial services. So, where should I look to find someone safe, honest and reliable? Do these types of cleaning people exist anymore? Are there agencies for this?

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor