SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

Door for transition to DR

mtnrdredux_gw
13 years ago

I have a sunroom dining room that is 28x12, and my kitchen runs parallel to it and is approx the same size (but wider).

There is a step down into the DR from the kitchen. The prior owners had goofy bifold wood doors with "decorative" glass, enabling them to close off the DR from the kitchen. The DR also has, at one end, french doors to the stone patio and, at the other end, french doors to the hall leading to the LR.

We have totally gutted the kitchen and (ironically) made it even longer, with a breakfast room at one end.

I am trying to decide if we should 1) keep the doors but modify them or 2) choose different doors or 3) go bohemian and try something like drapes that tie back on the DR side.

The DR is unchanged (just about the only part of the house i can say that about), except we may paint the window trim a soft gray green.

The kitchen palette is neutrals and in keeping with the house's 1902 farmhouse roots... wideplank pine floors, shaker cabinets in a a grey white, wood, zinc and marble counters, black matte range. It is already very open: on one side it has the doorway in the picture, on the opposite it has 5' wide openings on either side of the range/fpl, on the remaining two sides one is a standard doorway and the other is a 10' wide opening to the breakfast room.

As for function, Id like to use the DR for everyday dinners as well as entertaining. The breakfast area would work for dinners but I plan to use it only for casual dining.

Thanks in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: doors to DR

Comments (9)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio