SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rault85

Getting rid of mildew smell on clothes..

Rault85
14 years ago

So my husband came home today after being in the field for 2 weeks with only one "shower" in the cold rain. All of his uniforms got wet and stayed wet almost the entire time. He hands me a bag full of dirties and unfortunately I opened it right after eating dinner... OMG. There is no word for the smell that came out of that bag! I almost lost my dinner! They were covered in slime and mud and lord knows what else! Anywho... I washed them in warm/warm ( they can't handle much heat, they shrink very easily ) with Tide powder ( twice because of all the mud ) and they still stink! Im going to try it again with my Tide original liquid, but Im pretty sure the smell will still be there. I put vinegar in both the bleach and FS dispensers and after the second wash, they looked and felt clean, just mildew-y!

Is there anything I can add to the wash for the smell? Im desperate! Im def. willing to run to walmart to get anything anyone suggests! ALL of his uniforms are filthy and he needs them for work tomorrow! Thanks guys!

Comments (21)