SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melaniega35

Kind of sad today

melaniega35
14 years ago

Ok my husband and I split Nov 4th last year. After 11 years of marriage we just couldn't do it anymore, there were a lot of problems and I left. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, I left my house, my animals and most of my stuff. I moved in with a friend. I met bf in Jan and moved in with him in feb... We are wonderful together and I love him with my whole being. I could not imagine being without him.. anyways......

Ever since day one of being seperated husband and I had to see each other because we both work in a very small EMS company. so we see each other all the time and have to work together etc, so that was hard. We have talked about things that happened in our marriage and both have said our apologies and we have made amends and closed the door on that marriage. We remain friends now. I even call him when I am on the ambulance and need some advice (he is higher patch then me) He knows I am happy and I am very happy for him. He is dating a girl, whom is kind of worried and upset that he is still married, even though he explained to her that we have been seperated and there was no going back, she still worries. I wrote her a letter telling her how happy I was for the 2 of them and that she did not need to worry about me, coming back and I gave it to husband, he was speechless and cried. He thanked me and hugged me. This is the kind of relationship we have now.. ok......... now why am I sad?

He got the divorce package today and is filling it out, and he will meet me at work tomorrow( i am working) to fill the rest out, go over all details with the house(in my name) etc.. I am sad because this is the final end.. I feel stupid and foolish because I knew it was coming and I do want a divorce but I can't help how I am feeling. So tell me am I being foolish, or is this natural to feel this way.. I actually cried a bit today. I miss my in laws and do talk to them occasionally. I guess I miss the good times we did have, That was a life I was used to for so long and the past year everything changed. This is so very hard. What do I do? Do I Grieve about this, or just go on with my life and be happy? I guess tell me how am I supposed to feel?

Comments (18)