SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcrowley99_gw

Help! My new Bosch Nexxt 700 smells like it is burning!

jcrowley99
17 years ago

Sorry this is so long, I could not decide which details were truly relavent.

I got my new nexxt 700 on Tuesday. The delivery was not great, they took out the transit bolts and layed the machine down on its back before I could stop them to attach the stand. Then they put the old feet on the stand, not the new ones that Chris told us about, they gave me the new ones and said they were the older ones. Next they had trouble hooking up the water hoses, the fins? are so tall that they hit the handle on my shut off valves. They finally got them attached to their satisfaction. Then they stuck about 2 feet of the drain hose down the drain pipe, I fixed that myself after calling Bosch Cust. Service to check how much hose should be in the pipe.

Now for the Exciting part, I did the first cycle empty to clean the machine, then did a load of towels. It was obviously not nearly level. So I started woking on leveling it. I noticed a bit of a wierd smell, I figured it was just the smell of a new washer. Yesterday I started doing my laundry, after a couple loads the smell was back, after a couple more loads my entire house reeked of melting plastic! I am very sensitive to smells because of my allergies so I figured it was just me. When my husband got home he asked what I was doing and why the house smelled like burning plastic. I shut the machine down and unplugged it. This morning I gave it a shot to see what would happen. After the load was done, my whole house smelled like melted plastic again. I called Bosch, they said they had never heard anyone having this problem. They offer to send someone out, I said I was going to call the place I bought it because they said they could arrange repairs through Bosch for my warranty. So I talked to the gentleman who sold me my machine. He offered to have someone come out and look at it or order me another. Probobly 4 weeks to get another. Then he offered to refund the difference and have a 500 put in tomarrow. I decided to take that.

Has anyone heard of anything like this? Both Bosch and my salesman said they were unaware of the washers ever causing an oder like this, even when first used. I'm just curoius if anyone else has noticed something like this. Lowes is taking care of me, so no complaints there. Bosch's customer service was also very helpful.

Thanks for you input.

Chris, if you see this, have you heard of this happening before? Could it have been damaged during install?

Comments (8)