SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okwriter

I broke my arm! Well, not really...

okwriter
16 years ago

Well, not really...but I nearly broke it patting myself on the back because I hooked up my DVD/VCR recorder!!! LOL!

OK, I apologize for luring you into this thread with a fake subject line, but honest - if you only KNEW how frustrating that experience was! I posted about it last week and knew I was close to having it right. Unfortunately, "close" doesn't count when hooking up electronics.

Today I vowed to confine myself to the bedroom and not come out until I had the darn thing working. I started by unhooking everything - even where the Dish comes in at the wall and goes to the dual DVR and starting from scratch with the instruction books. Once I knew everything was hooked up and our dual DVR thingy still worked in both rooms (whew!), I started in on the VCR/DVD book and remote. It takes three remotes to operate (Dish, TV, VCR), but I just recorded a few minutes from a VHS tape to a DVD just to see if I could get 'er done.

WOW! If I don't do another thing all day, I will still feel like I climbed a mountain!

okwriter (no broken arm but grinning from ear to ear and enjoying patting myself on the back)

Comments (23)