SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

For mystery readers (and listeners)

alisande
15 years ago

I always have an audio book in the car, and usually it's a mystery. I borrow them from the library. Because I'm not a romance reader, I've ignored the JD Robb series of mysteries because the author is Nora Roberts, a romance writer. A very prolific romance writer.

Well, recently the library inventory was low, and I decided to give JD Robb a try. I actually brought the audio book home with another one in case I didn't like it. But I liked it a lot! Her "in Death" series takes place 50 years into the future--not sci fi per se, but it creates the opportunity for lots of futuristic gadgetry and amusing references.

The main character's husband is a true romance writer's creation: rich in the extreme, handsome in the extreme, thoughtful, compassionate, you name it. But he's fun and interesting, as are all the characters.

I don't know if I'd like the printed books as well as the audio books, because the narrator (Susan Erickson) does an excellent job with the voices and makes the story come alive.

Since I wrongly assumed I wouldn't like these books, I thought I'd pass my review on to you in case some of you might like to give them a try.

Susan

Comments (8)