SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anna_2006

will cabinet show wear if knob/pull too close to rails?

anna_2006
16 years ago

Our lower cabinets will have a recessed panel similar to the picture below (these are the cabinets we are getting as featured in the showroom). There will be one difference: when looking at the lower cabinets, the top drawer will not be a slab as shown(DH did not want that). Instead, it also will have a recessed panel like the two drawers below it.

I would like to use pulls (but haven't yet decided)but am afraid that the space between the 2 rails (the recessed part) will not be wide enough and that the pull will not stand out enough. This might end up with our fingers touching the paint and wood everytime we reach for the pull/knob and wearing away the cabinet.

I have started looking at pulls and knobs and most seem to be too shallow to sit in that recessed part and allow the fingers to get in without touching the wood.

When we ordered, I remember mentioning this and the cabinetmaker said that the recessed panel would be 2.25" high. So the rails above and below this panel will be about 2" high each.

Is the 2 and 1/4 height enough for the recessed part or should the rails be smaller and the recessed part higher? Or if you have this, what kind of pulls/knobs did you use to overcome this? Or how high is the recessed part in the drawer?

Here is the photo:

{{gwi:1588727}}

Comments (3)