SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rudebekia

Does Anyone Have to Deal with a Bully and/or Humilating Event?

Rudebekia
14 years ago

Without going into too much detail, awhile back a man I work with launched into an angry, humiliating tirade directed at me because I dared to confront him on a matter that he took personally (I believed then and still believe that I was correct in doing so.) While I had confronted him privately about the matter, he chose a public moment (several others present) to chew me out. The others were cowed by him and said nothing in my defense. I'm 52 and have never in my adult life been so humiliated--although perhaps I am lucky in this regard. Anyway, nearly 1 1/2 years later I am still rehearsing the matter in my mind and even get physically ill when I need to work with him (which, thank God, is not often). I don't wish him harm (he's clearly a bully) but I also don't know how to get over the hurt. I guess my pride was just killed at that moment--and I know I do have pride. Just wondering if others have had a similar humilitating moment and how (besides time) they managed to get over it while still having to deal on occasion with the humiliator. Thank you, wise people.

Comments (6)