SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
centralcacyclist

Mini farmer's market.

centralcacyclist
13 years ago

I cleaned out the refrigerator just last night. I did away with some old jams/jellies, salsa, chilies, butter chunks left from recipes, the all natural almond butter no one ever liked enough to eat, old mayonnaise, a few jars of mustard with a dab left, and some other unloved condiments and wrinkled produce. And wiped the shelves! All to make room for my first farmer's market haul.

Alice and I were on our way home down the main drag and spotted the mini farmer's market set up in a strip mall parking lot. Though it was raining, we pulled in. The house was bare of produce. I think we hit almost every stand and made a small purchase. There were only about 8 vendors. They used to be there on Sunday mornings but have switched to Tuesday afternoons this season. The primary FM sets up downtown on Thursday and Sunday mornings. I rarely make it to that one as it is off my path. I'm glad to see this one though Alice is quick to point out there are no bargains! Everything is usually more expensive than the grocery store or the road stands. I have gotten bargains with "case" purchases.

We came home with peaches, strawberries, beets, snap peas, tomatoes, and carrot cupcakes.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH