SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mym2222

Not impress with New Trane AC system

16 years ago

Four days ago I have replaced two 19 years old Carrier AC/Furnace systems with two new Trane AC/Furnace units. The units are not cooling as quickly as I have expected. Just want to check to see if my expectation is too unreasonable.

For upstairs I have the Trane 2ton 13SEER AC, Trane XR80 furnace - 1,200sq.ft.

For downstairs I have the Trane 2.5 ton 13 SEER AC, and Trane XB90 furnace - 2,000sq.ft.

When I got home from work this afternoon the inside temperature for upstairs and downstairs were at 79 degreee, outside temperature at 82 degree, with 98% humidity. Just to test I set both thermometers to 73 degree. The air vent output started at 69 degree.

It took four hours for the downstairs temperature to reach the target temperature of 73 degree, outside air at 78 degree, and air vent ouput at 65 degree. At the same time the upstairs unit was at 75 degree.

It feels like the new units are cooling at the same rate as the older ones? It should be quicker, right? My expectation is a hour and half, not four hours, for both floors, not just the downstairs. My house would never cool down when the outside temperature gets to be in the 90's degree?!!

I did have a Trion air filter installed with each system, could that be the reason for them not to cool quickly??

I am feeling frustrated and just hate the thought of spending so much money and not to have quicker cooling systems. I have waited years to install a better AC system, and I am disappointed!! Am I being unreasonable here?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals