SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cynic_gw

Movie experts: Help me remember the name of this one

cynic
15 years ago

On old movie was on PBS a couple months ago and I really enjoyed it. Would like to see if the library has it or rent it or something but I can't remember the name of it. Can't remember anyone who starred in it either, since it's a 40s, probably more like 50s movie and although I think I recognized one of the more minor characters, I can't remember his name either. Here's what I do recall:

A court based drama. Set in England. The defendant is an American. Barrister reminded me of Alfred Hitchcock in size and looks. Sort of a "Perry Mason" - never loses type. Smoked a cigar, secretary nagged him about his health. Doctor said he shouldn't try any major cases. Wasn't supposed to smoke so he had cigars hidden in his office and handed it to the client when secretary walked in.

Anything yet? Didn't think so. OK, what else?

There was a prosecution witness with a heavy accent that essentially clinched the case and the barrister thought he might lose. Gets a mysterious phone call to meet someone at the train station to get info on the case - they wanted to sell it to him. He goes down there and talks to her. I could tell who it was but won't say... :) The barrister and his associate were talking and she disappears. Back into court and they win the case.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? I've been racking my pea-brain trying to remember so I could recommend it to people but I'm blank. Must have been through too many metal detectors and it erased my brain.

Thanks for any help, or for listening!

BTW, the temp has shot up to -10°!!! I'm getting out my shorts.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations