SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeinohio

Paypal breach

deeinohio
10 years ago

I recently received an email telling me my paypal account had sent $249.00 to an ebay merchant. The merchant is located in India; the merchandise was sent to Louisiana. I did not make this purchase.

I immediately contacted the seller, telling him not to send the merchandise since I was disputing the charge. I did not hear back from him. I contacted paypal who said we must have given our password out to someone. I told them it was just my DH and I and I never give out my password. They are "investigating", though it has been several days and I still do not have my money back.

I use paypal because I thought it was safe. I will never use it again. I don't have to have a paypal account since I seldom purchase from ebay anymore since they've become more like a store than an auction site.

Information I received indicates the problem may be with the ipad I use for most everything and its lack of security. I might add, just a month ago someone at a Target store in Georgia purchased 2 iphones on our Verizon account, which, I assume they did not count on, shut off our phones resulting in our immediate call to Verizon, and the shutting off of the iphones. We have a password on the Verizon account, and anytime we call in or go into the store, the first question is "What is your password?".

I just wanted to warn everyone of this threat. It is a pain in the you know what. I am currently not using my ipad for any online purchases or account inquiries, and instead using my laptop.

Comments (19)