SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muscat_gw

Dont buy from Sears

muscat
16 years ago

I'm writing this while on hold with Sears. I'm cannot tell you how frustrated I am, but I can at least share my experience so that others can avoid the same thing. I purchased a range and a fridge from Sears last year, (In May, anticipating my remodel to go a little faster than it did). I held off delivery until July since we were not ready. When they were delivered, they were both severely damaged, and had to be replaced- next ones delivered in September. What if I had been almost done???? I was REALLY glad that I was not ready to install!

Well, though I was a bit irritated with them, everything seemed ok. The fridge works fine, and got us through the remodel. The range sat in its brand new packaging until two weeks ago, when it was installed, and it DOESN'T WORK. A sears rep came out, diagnosed a faulty control panel, and supposedly I could get a new one in a bit over a week. I'M STILL WAITING. Now they tell me that the part is on backorder, with NO known date of arrival. Half the time I call them, I get hung up on while being transferred.

When the last rep told me that there was no date for the part to arrive, I told him he could pull one out of another range, or deliver a whole new range to me. His reply: ......er,well."

I figure the longer they keep me on hold the more places I can complain about them online.

I already wrote to the better business bureau.

Who else should be next? :)

Comments (12)