SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cangelmd

Color help can you ever have too much white?

cangelmd
13 years ago

Help! This is a bathroom, but there is more traffic on this forum, and lots of good ideas.

I have struggled mightily with this bathroom. My house is very colorful, full of fall colors, warm yellows and reds, deep greens and browns...except the master bedroom, which is a cool silvery green. We live in a very warm climate and this bedroom has 4 south and west facing windows, so the cool color is a real must.

So now I'm doing the master bathroom. I've gone back and forth literally for months between cabinet color, granite color (has to be granite, DH's only serious input) - black counters, white counters, medium wood cabinets, white cabinets - what style?? The only thing I have decided is that I keep going back to the serene, neutral or near neutral inspiration pictures.

So I'm thinking light granite like River White, a neutral, non-busy tile like the one in the link below and simple Shaker cabinets with a single bead in white or cream.

Will this be too much white, should I use medium wood cabinets to warm the space up? Right now the bathroom has no natural light, but we will be adding a long narrow clerestory window, but it will be under an eave and east facing.

Here is a link that might be useful: City View

Comments (12)