SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindywhitall

does condensation on ducts in basement=bad install???

cindywhitall
11 years ago

Yes, another new thread, because this is info other people might need and not really related to my other issues....

Spoke with the only neighbor who has heat pump. He didn't have a lot to say but did say that he now gets moisture on the ducts in the basement. He said it's on the cold air ducts and he has to keep the therm at 75 instead of 72 to reduce the amount. He has bought a dehumidifier as well. He had out a Bryant serviceman who did "something" to the thermostat and it got a bit better but still happens.

He didn't know the size but said they just put in the same size that he had... I'm thinking it is oversized. I got the feeling he thinks it is the heat pumps fault (not the size, but the way they operate vs non pump)

I was considering calling this company because they are the nearest Bryant dealer, not sure if I am close enough to the others. I wanted to compare quote to Carrier. Now I'm thinking maybe I don't want to call them at all.

One good point is I do know my sizes from the 2 contractors who came already and did Manual J. They would have to do one for me if they want my business. BUT, is the info from the neighbor a sign I should NOT even call them??

Comments (9)