SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amysmith1979

Bianco Antico granite is in, 3 issues...

amysmith1979
13 years ago

So I have to admit I am a perfectionist so want some honest opinions. I LOVE my new Bianco Antico granite, but have 3 issues with it. The first and most troublesome is that after the granite installers left I checked out the granite and moved the granite cutting board they left me and found a 12 inch hairline crack/fissure going from the front of the countertop straight back 12 inches. Very upset about this, it is zig zagged and I cannot feel it, some parts of it appear white like it was filled but not sure. The second issue is the sink cutout, one side is not completely straight. We have a 90 degree sink and one side is perfect on the cutout but the other side of the sink cutout is off slightly by less then a 1/4 inch. I can notice it but the husband says its fine. 3rd issue is where the granite meets the wall. Everywhere the granite meets the wall nice and tight except for one area there is a 1/4 inch gap that they filled with what looks like grout or something. I am hoping when we put up a backsplash that this will get covered. Would you accept all these issues? Am I being too picky? Husband says its a natural product so I am expecting perfect which doesn't exist. But a 12 inch hairline crack is really upsetting to me, I didn't pay that much money for a fissure/crack? I did see the slab prior and I did not see any fissures and I even asked the granite guys and they said there would not be any in the section they used. So maybe we both missed it since it cannot be felt and is just a hairline one? What should I do? This company came highly recommended to me, so I guess I was not anticipating any issues.

Comments (26)