SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sergeantcuff

Vintage-style pulls for shaker creamy cabinets

sergeantcuff
15 years ago

The devil is in the details! The major plans to rebuild my 1930s kitchen have gone well and I now struggle over the little things.

I have ordered creamy shaker-style cabinets with slab drawers. (Kitchen will have old pine floors, old bisque appliances, soapstone counters) I am unsure about the hardware. The kitchen is small, so I only need 9 pulls and 14 knobs. I think bins pulls are appropriate but I am not crazy about them. I love glass knobs and pulls but don't like them with white cabs and prefer something darker to go with the soapstone. One bank of drawers is 15" wide, the other 18". The other various drawers are all smaller than 18".

I saw these pulls from Horton Brasses ( a company that mamadadapaige recommended to someone a few weeks back) and was smitten. I'd get the dark antique finish and simple 1-1/4 knobs. Are they too fancy for a simple kitchen? Inappropriate for the shaker cabs? My house has mostly white-painted woodwork except for the dark wood doors (interior and exterior) - all with nearly blackened brass hardware.

Pulls

Thanks for having a look! Tell me what you think. I didn't forge these personally so you won't hurt my feelings :)

Comments (10)