SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cissado

What makes this noise in an AC system?

cissado
16 years ago

My central AC makes a noise when running. The air handler and coil is in the attic above a bedroom and the lines go down inside the wall 2 floors to the outside unit. Best I could describe the noise is buzzing and gurgling combined. More of a buzzing if I had to choose one. It seems like it's inside the lines. Not sure if that's possible. That's why I'm posting here. It's not like I will fix it myself, but I want to know what to tell the tech when he comes out. Could it be a low charge or something like that?

I did go into the attic and check for loose stuff that could be vibrating but didn't find anything. I have two units and it's only one that is making the sound. I can't hear it at the unit because it's just too loud with the unit running, but down underneath in the bedroom, it can clearly be heard. Sounds like the corner of the room where the attic floor meets the bedroom wall. That is where the lines go across the attic floor and drop down into the wall to go down and eventually outside.

Is buzzing a normal occurance? I was hoping it was for an easy fix, such as a charging level issue. thanks

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH