SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funcolors

Plagiarism - Opinions, explanation please

Lori A. Sawaya
11 years ago

LRV. Wrote an article about it. Researched and wrote it because I didn't understand it. And I couldn't find anyone to explain it to me - despite all my connections in paint and color worlds, no one could tell me how LRV was applicable to the built environment.

Took me a year to find the right people to explain the pieces parts. Interestingly, none of them were from paint/color design world.

After I figured out the puzzle of LRV, I tried and tested to see if it worked and made sense. Then I wrote an article and shared it on Squidoo. Because if *I* couldn't find information about LRV, no one could. (don't aim to sound arrogant but... it's true)

At this point, the many plagiarist stories starting in 2005 til now involving that article about LRV kinda bores me. However, this last incident struck a new and curious chord. What qualifies as plagiarism? Does it have to be word for word? Is there a ratio of word for word to "changed just enough" that makes copying other's work without citation okay?

What say you, the wisest wordsmiths I know.

Examples:

My article written in 2005

Most recent incident Nov 16th

Comments (32)