SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenthumbfish

Help, please? Recipe ingredient WWYD?

greenthumbfish
14 years ago

So, I was planning to make a new/different/sub recipe instead of my "usual Famous Chess Pie" for T-Day.

** See Short story below

I screwed up on the test recipe (so simple, it's embarrassing)- even though I learned more than one lesson, not only about process for certain kinds of foods, but the hardest one I haven't mastered in 40 years... "READ & follow the recipe - I failed on pan size, duh - it still tasted good, it just wasn't pretty and "presentation is everything!" So I made another (fall off the horse, etc...). This one was a pumpkin flavored variation, and I think will be better anyway for what it is...

**What the new recipe is not, is Chess Pie. Pumpkin was the greatest variation to the new recipe for T-Day, but I'll need a pie crust to make the obligatory Chess Pie.

Also, apparently, my DSF (step-father) has taken issue with "the plan" and sis told me, so I told her I had pie crusts in the freezer (truth)... I could make a Chess pie in addition to the new recipe, so he wouldn't feel T-day-slighted ;-).

**Pillsbury Ready Pie Crusts in my freezer are "Best by 12/08", have been frozen since 11/08.

Are defrosting in fridge as we speak.

Toss 'em, use 'em, or make yer own (which I could do, but I'm so challenged already, give me a break there ;-)?

TIA!

Comments (15)