SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darlenehelp

central air conditioning bids

darlenehelp
9 years ago

We live in a 1200 sq ft house in southern Ohio and our 35 year old central a/c died and we are going to replace it. We replaced our furnace around 12 years ago with a Tranw XR80 forced air gas with existing duct work that is in good shape. We are confused what kind to buy etc. We received a couple quotes and were told we could not use any of the higher end SEER units with our existing furnace. One quote was for a 2 ton Trane XR16 with a SEER of 16-totally installed with a new complete unit.....the cost being 3892.00. It has a 10 yr warranty on motor brg.unit,.10 yrs on parts,. compressor, condenser and coil with a one yr warranty on labor. I got two more quotes from Sears..one for a kenmore 2 ton unit with an SEER off 13 on model N4AXA6 with a SEER of 16 for 4890. I got a estimate on a Carrier 24ACB 2 ton SEER 13 for 5486.00 and Carrier 24ACC 2 ton for 5725.oo Getting so confused Need help on any suggestions or helpful comments. Need to do something right away. Thanks. Oh I got a really low bid on a Goodman for 2995.00 on a SEER 13 3 ton Model GSX130361D/CAUF3636B6D/78 38 30 with 10 yr parts, 10 year Compressor Warranty and 1 yr labor. The reason the Goodman quoted a 3 ton is because they quoted over the phone on our existing unit which was a 3 ton Whirlpool.. Anyway the warranty on the Sears and Carriers are the same I believe, forgot to put that in. Should I look at any other brands. We are on limited finances and will be doing payments same as cash. All are 18-24 months. Look forward to your input.

Comments (19)