SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boobooo_gw

What's with all the bells and whistles???

boobooo
17 years ago

First, I'd like to thank all of you for sharing all your comments on washers and dryers. It is a HUGE help in trying to select one out of the many products out there. Second, I'm overwhelmed because you all have given so much information :)

My Norge Signature 2000 is finally coming to the end of it's life. Normal washing cylce doesn't work, but perm press still does so I'm not going to work tomorrow in dirty clothing. That also should give me a brief period of time to find the right washing for me.

The world of washers has certainly changed over the past few years. All those lights and extras - maybe I'm stuck in the past, but I need the lights and sounds and digital this and that on my computer or on my car. Are there any large (3.5 and above) washers out there that are going to last for more than 10 years? Why do I want digital electronics on a washer - I don't want to have to worry about placing a power surge protector on my washer to protect the digital circuitry like I do on my computer.

I came close to picking up a Whirlpool Cabrio 6200 for about $650 from best buy. But I decided to delay the purchase so I could ask the question here...

Does anyone make a quality top load non digital reliable trustworthy and large washing machine?

I've got my digital coffee maker - it's cool and I wake up to a fresh cup every morning. I replace my computer every 3-5 years to stay current with the industry. My car has intermitent windshield wipers. I'm not stuck in the 70's and 80's... But washing machines???

I do 3 or 4 loads a week, And do want to be able to wash comforters and other larger items once in a while. 3.2 size washing machines just won't do, and having a fuzzy cat makes me want an agitator to really dig deep into the clothing for a solid clean even though it does put a little extra wear and tear into them.

Thanks in advance, and I'll painfully nod in agreement now to those who say I may be a little behind the times :)

Comments (6)