SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hadlero

'Real world' differences between Carrier Performance and Infinity

weathertop
13 years ago

Hi - I posted this question in the HVAC-talk.com forums, but I've received no responses (probably as it is a boring question that's been asked too many times). But, I'm really hoping that someone can definitively help me with the following:

I've read lots of threads about the differences between Carrier Infinity and Performance systems. But after reading all these threads, I haven't been able to really understand what I'll miss by going with a Performance system instead of an Infinity system.

The comments between the two systems seem to boil down to the fact that an Infinity system offers improved humidity control, "comfort" (?), and the controls are neat.

Can someone clearly tell me if I'll regret installing the following system in my home instead of an Infinity system? My installer tells me that this system (that will replace my failing second floor Tempstar zone) will control humidity and should more than surpass my needs:

CARRIER HIGH EFFICIENCY AIR-CONDITIONING SYSTEM *REPLACEMENT* *16 SEER*

CARRIER CONDENSER #24APA5024 APPROXIMATE B.T.U 24,000 2.0 TONS *410A REFRIGERANT*

CARRIER4 AIRHANDLER #FV4CNB003TOO APPROXIMATE B.T.U 24,000 2.0 TONS

CARRIER EZ-FLEX WHOLE HOUSE AIRCLEANER

CARRIER PROGRAMMABLE EDGE THERMOSTAT

Comments (6)