SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gena_hooper

Range at the end of a cabinet run?

Gena Hooper
14 years ago

Any suggestions about how to gracefully place a range with undercabinet hood at the end of a cabinet run? The range/hood would be between cabinets and an existing window.

Someone (sorry I can't remember who) had suggested that I could scoot my range over 12". We'd then have a 12" base pull-out and a 9" upper cubby (30" range/36" hood) between the range and window. We may still do that, but it cuts into valuable (and limited) prep space between the sink and range. I blocked off 12" inches to see how it felt. I find I like to spread out when I cook so I'd like to keep as much of that real estate as possible.

We're still undecided about a 30" versus 36" range. We already have a 36" undercabinet stainless VAH purchased off craigslist. I'm open (though reluctant) to purchasing a different hood. I guess a chimney hood would solve the problem, but I'm not sure how it would look in our narrow, closed-off, low-ceilinged space. I also don't know whether it would fit into the relaxed, warm, cozy, vintage vibe I'm trying to accomplish.

Anyway...any images? Or suggestions?

Comments (15)