SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
overmyhead08

Is Spider Assembly shot on Samsung WF337 FL?

overmyhead08
14 years ago

I own a 20-month-old Samsung FL model WF337 which has been knocking and rattling during the spin cycle since Thanksgiving. Even more disappointing than the young age of my FL before it began experiencing problems is that it had only done about 40 washes by that time. My reasearch suggests that the most likely cause is a broken/corroded spider assembly. (Granted, the only blogs I've seen citing the broken spider assembly have been specifically connected to Kenmore/Frigidaire/Whirlpool FLs, but my washer has been making noises identical to the noises reported by those FL owners.) With no warranty on my washer, I'm unsure whether to try to get the problem repaired for big bucks (and Samsungs are hard to repair?) or to just keep using the washer on the lowest spin cycle until it dies.

I haven't seen any GW posts about this issue, but from searching the Web I can tell that a few other Samsung owners have experienced similar spin cycle problems, but not enough to really give me a feel for the magnitude (and whether it really is the spider assembly which is at fault) or repairability of the problem. Any appliance salespeople/technicians or anyone else out there who's familiar with my problem and might be able to offer advice?

Thanks for any help.

OMH

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths