SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hydro3

AC Not Cooling

hydro3
16 years ago

Hi there everyone I have some questions that hopefully some people can help me with.

My split ac unit is not cooling my house. I have a 2-ton 13-SEER Guardian outside unit that was installed just before I purchased my house 2 months ago.

The guy who installed the unit has disappeared so I found a new reputable HVAC guy to help me out with things but nothing seems to be working.

He replaced the evap. coil because the original one was a down draft coil installed horizontally. The new coil is a Armstrong evap coil.

However after that replacement the system is performing the same as it was before. It takes about 2-hours to lower the temperature of the house from 79 to 78 degress and that is teh lowest it will go. The air out of the vents does not feel really cool. The system is in the attic, and is run through R-8 insulated flexible duct work. The house is 1200-square feet, with all new double paned windows, insulated walls and R-38 in the ceiling.

Is my HVAC guy missing something that I should suggest he should look at?

Also, after the evap coil replacement I can hear what sounds like water running through my wall where the lineset runs.

Arghh

Thank you for any suggestions.

Comments (2)