SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oflynn_gw

Heat Pump estimates - Feedback

oflynn
10 years ago

HI All.

I live near Worcester MA and am having an addition put on my house. THe total square footage of the main floor (its a ranch) will be around 2000. In this space we are considering a heat pump for both heating and cooling purposes and have received the following quotes. I was hoping for some feedback on the price, as well as the equipment. Of course I understand installation is an important component.

quote 1:

Proposal to furnish and install one Bryant Legacy 3 Ton 15 Seer Heat Pump Condenser with a 3 Ton First Company Hydro Air/Heat Pump air handler to heat And cool entire house.

Scope of Work:

� Locate and install new air handler in attic space.
� Install new metal trunk ducts thru attic and connect to new supply vents in eachroom.
� Install all supply vents in ceilings of each room near all windows or doors and returns in each bedroom.
� Also install a central return in family room.
� Install all line sets and hydronic lines to existing oil fired boiler.
� Set up boiler with new zone control and additional pump to circulate water to hydro coil.
� Locate and install condenser unit on side of house.
� Install all condensate drains and overflow pan with a dedicated drain line for overflow pan.
� Air balance system to all rooms specs.

Price includes: All materials, equipment, and labor.
NO ELECTRICAL INCLUDED.

System should qualify for $300.00 CoolSmart Rebate. All rebates are through CoolSmart

=======================================

quote 2

This is a Proposal for theInstallation of a Bryant Evolution Extreme Heat
Pump System.
This Proposal Includes the Following,
- Bryant Evolution Extreme, 4 Ton, Variable Speed, Heat Pump
(280ANV048)
- Bryant Evolution,Variable Speed, Communicating, Air Handler
(FE4ANB006)
- Bryant Evolution System Control
- Back Up Electric Heater Installed in the Air Handler
- Emergency Overflow Drain Pan with Shutoff Switch
- Supply and Return Duct, Sealed and Insulated to R-8
- Supply and Return Grilles
- All Necessary Refrigeration Piping
- Control Wiring
- All Necessary Drain Piping
- Condenser Pad with Stone Underneath for Proper Drainage
- Electrical Wiring
- All Necessary Labor
- Start Up and Testing

Total Cost of this Proposal, 18,995.00
Optional Zoning System:
- Bryant Evolution ZoneControl
- Damper Control Module
- Three (3), Zone Dampers for 3 Zones
- Two (2), Bryant Evolution Smart Sensor Thermostats
- Additional Ducting for Separate Zones
Total Cost of the Optional Zoning System, 3,800.00

Any thoughts are welcome. ON the first quote the contractor is talking about adding a zone to our existing oil furnace to act as a backup heat for the new system. This is unusual and typically I know people have a backup electric strip instead.

The Legacy line also appears to be much lower "quality" that the other quote, so I am curious about that.

For this system, we only wanted the new heating and cooling system for the main floor of our Ranch, and were expecting the basement to regulate itself and continue to use the oil furnace to heat there as needed.

I am hoping for more quotes but am just in the beginning of learning what is going on. So thanks again to all.

Comments (3)