SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Kat WA, reading series suggestion

caroline94535
12 years ago

Hey gal; you asked about reading a "light hearted" book series. I didn't want my suggestion to get buried in the Plum Pudding, so I'm being bad and calling you out. Forgive me.

Have you read the Agatha Raisin series by M.C. Beaton? She also writes the Hamish MacBeth series. There are 22 books in the Agatha Raisin series, and 27 in the Hamish MacBeth series. She has other books out, too, but I haven't read them. Click on all the links at the top of her site to learn more about them.

Both series are entertaining, "light" reading and filled with funny scenes. I think you'd like them since you like the Stephanie Plum books, too.

This quote is from the Kindle store link on her site..."Agatha Raisin is the cranky but lovable Cotswolds detective created by the New York Times Bestselling author M.C. Beaton.

"If you enjoy the Miss Marple novels of Agatha Christie or Alexander McCall Smith's Ladies No.1 Detective Agency then we are sure you're going to love following the adventures of Agatha Raisin."

And...from Wikipedia..."Hamish Macbeth is a fictional police officer who serves as his town's detective in a series of mystery novels created by M. C. Beaton. The novels are published in the UK by Constable & Robinson. In an interview, the author recalls,

"I was at a fishing school in the very north of Scotland, and I thought, what a wonderful setting for a classical detective story, 11 people isolated in this Highland wilderness. So Hamish Macbeth was born."

The Agatha books are a bit "silly," and fun. Both series are excellent. They should keep you happily occupied until One For The Money comes out on DVD. You stay away from those theaters; we want you getting well, quickly.

Let me know if you try them...and do try to read them in order.

Here is a link that might be useful: More MC Beaton info

Comments (12)