SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie827

(Re)introduce myself & need opinions on two-stage remodel

marie827
15 years ago

Hi all!

This is my second time around here and so happy to see that GW Kitchens is as vibrant, friendly, and informative as it was 6 years ago!

We are in the midst of a whole-house remodel and will have to put some things off to a later date. The kitchen is a basic L shape and there is room for an island but not finances for an island! So, is there anything that would prevent me from adding an island w/prep sink at a later date? there will be hardwood flooring so the island would end up sitting on the finish flooring. we have a full basement so plumbing and electrical shouldn't be too bad. should i have the plumber and electrician run the rough now (while they're here doing the rest of the house and kitchen)?

This is a home we plan on being for awhile (at least 10 years) and I'd rather slowly put the house together and invest in fixtures and finishes that I realllly like/want than "settle" just to get it all slapped together and done. (although, this time around, we have 2 little ones that make living in a construction area a little less tolerable.)

Decisions/purchases we've already made:

Crown Point cabinets, Barnstead door, cherry with natural finish (my KD comes tomorrow to measure!)

Stainless appliances

Blanco stainless undermount double bowl sink (510-887)

Kohler Essex faucet

Things I learned from GW during our last remodel that we want again:

"Cobra" soapstone from M.Teixeira - hope to squeeze that in the budget again.

The "Tapmaster" faucet control (we'll have to wait on this)

Glad to be back in this community!

marie

Comments (2)