SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threedgrad

Looks like I am moving after all

threedgrad
14 years ago

My landlord would not accept partial payment for the october rent. And he wanted to enforce this huge late fee which will put me further into the hole. So he is "thinking" about it and wants me to call him tomorrow. He might evict me, which he hates to do he says, but he does not want to deal with this rental. He says he wants the house empty so he can renovate it (he is a builder) and sell the house. I did remind him that our lease is almost up and (after borrowing money from my son which I have to pay back in 2 weeks) I can then pay all of October's rent plus pay November on time. If he wants me out I will pay for October but have him use my security deposit for November's rent since I will need to find another place soon. Even if he lets me stay through the end of the lease (end of january maybe?) he will not do a new lease because he wants to sell the house. So I will strat the cleaning out, organizing, and packing for the next move - whether I move in a few weeks or a few months.

Just wanted to update you all. I am going to look for a less expensive place but try to stay in a house with a fenced yard for the dog. if I just had cats it could be different.

Hope you all are doing well.

Eileen

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH