SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

last minute advice

neetsiepie
14 years ago

HELP!! In order to save my sanity, I've been letting Bridezilla get her way. However, I just caught a glimpse of her seating chart and UH OH. BIG problems.

I had set up 'my' guests in an order that resolved all problems, but DD has made changes to suit her idea of how things should be. Given how things are in the world, there are some guests that absolutely cannot be seated together. It's not like they're going to come to blows, but if we want everyone to have a good time, it's best that they not be forced to spend time together. So I set up the arrangements to accomodate different personalities.

Now, I also expect that these folks will be on their best behavior during the event, but because I am their contact person, I will have to bear the brunt of their upset during and after the event.

Do you think that it would be unwise of me to do a minor switch of a couple people (8 tops) just to keep things on an even keel? I could easily make the switch while the B&G are not around and they'd never know, I'm sure.

Or do you think this is playing with fire? DD has said if I was worried about conflict I shouldn't have invited the folks in mind. (One conflicting couple is my brother & his wife and my DH's brother & wife. The conflict has to do with confidentiality...my DB's wife is a housing authority supervisor and BIL/SIL and their adult children had been/currently are her clients)

Comments (6)