SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hutchds_gw

kitchen sink not centered with window, issues with 24' sink base?

hutchds
13 years ago

We kitchen addition and are currently down to studs and need to order our cabinets as soon as possible. The plumbing and electrical roughs are in according to the current layout, but we are wrestling w/the sink as a sink base larger than 24" will make it offset from the window. The plan was to center on the right side of a double (30" each) window.

The current iteration has a 27" base and if we go w/this size, the sink itself will be right aligned w/the window casing, not the window itself. Is this a big issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is a 24" sink base really an issue? From what I have been reading it looks like this size base is typically used in small areas, apartments, etc. This is a new kitchen and good size - along the left wall the fridge/stove, along the right, pantry and cabinetry, and back wall, sink, dw, etc. as well as an island in the middle.

layout of back wall -

top: 60" double window, 18" cabinet, 18" cabinet, 38" door

bottom: 33" lazy susan, 27" sb, 24" dw, 15" drawer stack.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. If I can figure out how to include a image, I would also love any comments on the overall layout as we are coming down to the wire. Thanks for any help!

Comments (9)