SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jessie21or2

24 inch sink base possible? Can't find a sink!

jessie21
12 years ago

Hi! Haven't been here in quite some time but now I have a problem and could use some suggestions.

We have a student rental house (where we actually lived long ago) with a hideous kitchen that I am trying to make a bit less hideous. It's not a remodel, it's kind of a "replace the worst" and paint it type deal.

It's actually in 2 small compartments; decided not to take out the wall, since it's load bearing and there is no time or money for that. But in the back area, where the sink is, I want to replace the cabinets and add a dishwasher. The "run" haha, is only 72 inches, configured as 18 in cab, 36 in sink cab, another 18 inch cab.

I'd like to stick with an "easy to find a decent one" cheap 24 inch dishwasher, then a 24 inch sink cab, then another 24 cab so it looks balanced and also to give a few more inches of countertop.

It would be just a single bowl drop in sink and laminate counter top. I hope to get ikea cabs since I could pick them up hopefully with a 2 hour drive and I like them. We are seriously pressed for time since kids will be moving in in a couple of weeks and I did find a guy to do it for me.

The first big question for this fast project: Why can't I find a single bowl drop in sink that will fit in a 24 inch cabinet?? Is that truly undoable? With students, I think they would appreciate the dishwasher more than a great sink and it's just such a tiny space. Ikea has one maybe, can't tell for sure which are drop in or undermount.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated! HElllllllllpppppp me..

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor